Friday, October 15, 2021

A Powerful Adversary Appears: The Karen

 When Hans and Oalston head to East Branch to search for the escaped General Braak, the pair decide to investigate an old landmark known as Hautley's Tower. Unfortunately, a woman stands between them and the tower. This woman's name... is Karen.

Here's a snippet from the dialogue with Karen that I am currently writing.

Karen will see Hans and Oalston approaching Hautley's Tower.

Karen: Stop right there! I don't recognize you! Who are you!?

Hans: Hey, we're from Branch Castle! We gotta get in that tower behind ya, we're lookin' for an escaped bad guy of sorts.

Karen: WHAT? Military types! And you want to gain entry into the tower? Oh, I don't think so! 

Oalston: Beg your pardon, madam, we-

Karen: KAREN.

Oalston: Excuse me?

Karen: My name is KAREN. Don't you DARE call me madam!

Oalston: Apologies, Karen. Hans is but a squire, and I am a wizard from Trei. Whatever prejudice you may have against military types, I assure you that they are unwarranted when conversing with us.

Karen: I don't care who or what you and that boy are! Look at him, he's just a CHILD, and an ANCIENT TOWER is no place for a child! He'll vandalize the walls!

Hans: U-Uh... what? But...

Karen: NO BUTS! I've seen it a hundred times over from children like you! And you, "old wizard", if that's what you really are, what is wrong with YOU!?

Oalston: I'm afraid that I do not understand, Karen?

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment