Thursday, February 17, 2022

February 17 Monsters Preview

It's been a while since I've made one of these posts, and I'm happy to do another one because I love showcasing the stuff that's been made FOR Penumbra Crystallis. Today I've got three new enemy graphics from the ever awesome level2janitor to show off.


On the left we have a monster that has been in the game for a long time now - the Bogaconda, which resides in the Trei Marshland! There will be new snake enemies appearing soon as well, so this was a really wonderful gift to receive. I really love the patterning on the snake body itself, and the face is really well done and expressive (well, for a snake face).

In the middle if the Fire Elemental, a powerful elemental enemy that dwells in Salar Volcano where it spawns from lava pits and chases the player down. I pointed at the World of Warcraft fire elemental model as my inspiration for this nasty fellow's overworld sprite, and I can definitely see the inspiration come through in level2janitor's graphic. Love this guy and can't wait to reuse him later for other purposes. Perhaps recoloured black/purple to serve as some kind of demonic energy elemental? We'll see!

Finally, and on the right, is the Gargoyle. This extremely nasty enemy appears only twice so far, once in a chest in Mount Houzell and as a possible encounter in the Grandoise Amphitheatre's Battle Wing. The gargoyle possesses a buttload of HP and has a very irritating attacks, and I think that this super charming "grumpy" gargoyle that level2janitor made really fits perfectly with the gargoyle enemy's attacks and such. I can't stress enough how much I love this fella's grumpy expression, it's just so perfect!


Anyway, that's it for this monster graphic update. Expect more updates soon, hopefully about the slime ranch that I'm really eager to flesh out.


No comments:

Post a Comment