Monday, September 13, 2021

September 13 Monsters Preview

 This monster preview is a bit different, as it's not random encounters! Instead we have a boss and a summon. First we have the Darksider boss...


Darksider is a big, mean skeleton capable of attacking the party several times in succession due to having four arms. He is encountered shortly after the end of the Penumbra Crystallis demo. He was a bit of a challenge to balance well because of his multi-attack tendencies, and he gave Thomas a good run for his money when testing, so I think he's right where I want him to be. Remember, I want the bosses in this game to push players far more than bosses in any of my previous games!

And with Bones McGee out of the way, we have the first summon sprite from level2janitor, and it is Chione! Demo players will remember her being acquired at the end of the Water Shrine. Here is her new permanent graphic:


I think that level2janitor did a good job with her. The placeholder that I used previously, while decent looking, just looked like a regular woman wearing white. level2janitor's version of Chionne looks properly elemental and "spirity". Having this graphic is also is a huge plus now, as it means that summons and monster graphics are consistently the same style.


Anyway, that's all for now! I should have some stuff to show off soon myself. Even though the "hiatus" is over for the game, I didn't do much work over the last few days as I was distracted by Final Fantasy XIV, doing small fixes/updates to Triple Triad: Tournament of the Elements, and real life responsibilities. I should have some stuff to show off in the coming days, hopefully in the form of the new party member Kassandra!


No comments:

Post a Comment