Monday, May 31, 2021

Rare Monster Encounter

I decided to add rare encounters to the world map. These rare encounters are usually a highly powered up version of a local monster type. In this case, the "hellhare" is a much stronger version of the "cottontail" enemy. Note that, when testing this encounter, I was overleveled and that is why it wasn't too hard. However, if you fight this thing with just Vahn and Hans near the start, you'll be in for a rough time.

Rare encounters have their own battle theme, so players will know when they've run into one. I also toyed with the idea of making them leveled encounters so that they would always match the level of the party, but I decided against this when I realized most players would probably decide to run from rare encounters until towards the end of the game to get more XP and better loot from them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment