Thursday, May 13, 2021

Water Shrine Tile Progress

Now that I have finished my sewer dungeon, all that stands between me and starting work on the Water Shrine is a short cutscene in Branch Castle, so it seemed like the time to start work on my shrine tiles! Here's what we have so far. Does it look familiar?


I am drawing HEAVILY from the shrine/temple tiles from Final Fantasy V, and I think it clearly shows. I'm not just using them as heavy inspiration, I'm trying to keep the "feel" nearly identical while still being entirely self-sprited and original. The pillars and other bits of scenery in the Water Shrine will feel more original, I just wanted to make sure that the floor, wall, and roof tiles resonated strongly with players of the first game.

Also, dear Squaresoft...





No comments:

Post a Comment