Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Rapapa: The New Chocobo

Kwehs and warks will be a thing of the past soon, as I decided today what to replace chocobos with.

Penumbra Crystallis will feature a type of large red panda called the "Rapapa" that can be mounted and used to cross swamps! I already have the rapapa sprite finished, complete with Vahn riding it. I'll be testing it later today to see how it looks in motion.

I'll be doing something similar to what I did in Blackmoon Prophecy II where you had an item in your inventory that you used to call/ride the white chocobo Winter. In Penumbra Crystallis, you'll obtain an item about 2-3 hours in that will allow Vahn to call a rapapa on the world map whenever he needs one.

I don't know if I have access to any catchy jingles to play when riding your rapapa, but we'll see what I can find today when I do some testing!

No comments:

Post a Comment